facebook

Saturday 28 April 2018

Our perception of life

Isn't it just crazy how we take advantage of life, how we take advantage of time, and how we take advantage of the memories we make? I literally sit here at the end of the day thinking back to the beginning of today and wish to relive that day over and over and over but reality is you can't and you've got to make the best of each moment. I really don't know what I'm saying man but having a child really changes things in many ways. Your perception of life, your values of life, your understanding of life, and the time we have.... I look at pictures from just today and I get emotional, I get frustrated, I get happy, and I get to thinking, "how can I not make these moments everyday?" Life is absolutely a short-lived life and honestly I believe most wait until their 50s 60s 70s ( I also could be absolutely wrong) before they look at the past and wish things could have been different. I absolutely don't wish things to be different but I do wish things could be better not only for myself, but for my son! Time is short and I want to make the time that I have with my son count as well as a building block to bigger and better things for him...... "love the life you have and love those that are in your life because one day you'll look back on your life and only wish!"

1 comment:

  1. Life is indeed short. We should live it in order to please our creator. If we do then this life will be just a preview of the everlasting life to come. King Solomon put it best in the bible book of Ecclesiastes the 12th chapter.

    "Remember, then, your Grand Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of distress come and the years arrive when you will say: “I have no pleasure in them" Eccl. 12:1

    The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man" Eccl 12:13

    Wishing you many more happy memories Bobby.
    Love, Grandpa -John O'Gara


    ReplyDelete